I’ve been nominated by Ashley and Sabrina @ 5171 Miles Book Blog for the Keep It Fresh Award! Thanks so much for the nomination! If you aren’t following them already then – you know what to do!! My list of tags and awards that I need to get to is getting SUPER long, but this one was recent, and looked like fun, so I’m going for it!
1. Post the rules before starting and link back to this post as a reference for other bloggers.
2. Part A: Answer each of the fruit questions (each fruit corresponds to a book!) & add pictures plus why you thought that particular book deserves that particular fruit if possible.
3. Part B: Choose your favorite fruit (even if it is one of the fruits in part A). Come up with a question that we didn’t ask and answer it.
4. Part C: Create your own smoothie from the fruits in Part A (imagine a Lemon-Tomato-Apple smoothie ~ yuck), and find a book that would correlate to your smoothie!
5. Nominate as many and anyone that you think are deserving of this award but it would be nice if you nominated a minimum of 5!
6. Notify your nominees of the nomination.
7. The most important rules? Have fun and of course, keep it fresh!
1 – STRAWBERRIES – NAME THE SWEETEST BOOK YOU’VE READ. (E.G. SWEET IN TERMS OF THE CHARACTERS OR IF THE STORY TAKES PLACE IN A SWEET WORLD… ETC.)
WHEN DIMPLE MET RISHI – While reading this one I had perm-smile! It was just so adorable! He was going head first into this relationship with the promise of her being his wife and she had NO CLUE!! But when she got over being blindsided and took a look at who Rishi was as a person, she realized that he was someone worth spending time on. She even encouraged him to shoot for his dreams. This book was just adorable!
2. COCONUT – WHAT IS A BOOK THAT YOU WOULD BRING ON VACATION WITH YOU TO A TROPICAL DESTINATION? (OR IF YOU’RE JUST RELAXING AT THE BEACH…)
STARFLIGHT – Absolutely this book! This book was just so entertaining and adventurous!!! The characters were great, the setting was intriguing, and the pace was fast making this a super quick read.
3. PINEAPPLE – WHAT IS A BOOK THAT YOU DIDN’T THINK YOU WOULD LIKE BY JUDGING ITS COVER/SUMMARY/THE FIRST FEW PAGES BUT STARTED TO GROW ON YOU?
My answer for a question like this will always be this book!!! I refused to read it. In fact, this cover annoyed the hell out of me. I am so very far from being a girly girl. I see a red high heel shoe on a cover and I immediately turn the other way. But when I was assured that there was nothing girly about this series, and it was a really amazing sci-fi read, I gave it a shot. Now this series is in my top favourite series ever!!
4. ORANGE – WHAT’S THE JUICIEST BOOK YOU’VE READ? (E.G. A BOOK WITH TONS OF ACTION, ROMANCE… ETC.)
The Calendar Girl series by Audrey Carlan!!!! I am absolutely obsessed with this series. Yes, it’s an erotic romance series, but the story is just incredible. I actually learned a lot about how to love me for who I am and accept people into my life through this series. This series has love, friendship, family, and so much more. But the steam is HOT!
5. WATERMELON – A WATERY BOOK (E.G. THERE WASN’T TONS OF SUBSTANCE TO THE BOOK/THE DETAILS WERE JUST TOO WATERY…ETC. DON’T GET US WRONG THOUGH, WE LOVE WATERMELONS!)
This book had SOOOOOOO much potential but it fell flat as a board in the end. I understand that leaving some details out will create drama, mystery, suspense and intrigue……… when when you have literally NO details from the beginning all the way through to the end…… I have nothing to be afraid of……. I was bored and scared of nothing!
6. DRAGONFRUIT – WHAT’S THE MOST UNIQUE BOOK YOU’VE READ? (E.G. UNIQUE IN WRITING STYLE, CHARACTERS, PLOT… ETC.)
This question was MUCH harder than I thought it would be! The only thing I could come up with right now is Ready Player One. This is set in a futuristic dystopian earth, but they all live in a Virtual Reality world that is just HUGE! This world was so detailed and incredibly written, and so was the actual plot itself. Can not wait for this movie!
7. LEMONS – NAME A BOOK THAT MADE YOU FEEL SOUR. (E.G. THE EMOTIONS WERE JUST SOUR, YOU JUST FELT SOUR READING THE BOOK, OR THE BOOK INCLUDES SOUR CHARACTERS… ETC.)
Sorry but Heartless is just perfect for this category. The main character was so incredibly boring, repetitive, weak, confused, and annoying. The plot moved in slow circles never seeming to go anywhere. This just wasn’t enough for me.
8. TOMATO – WHAT IS A WONDERFUL BOOK THAT YOU THINK SHOULD BE MORE WIDELY KNOWN? OR A FANTASTIC AUTHOR WHOM YOU THINK DESERVES MORE RECOGNITION? (SINCE SOME MAY NOT KNOW THAT TOMATOES ARE ACTUALLY FRUITS!)
THE WALLED CITY – This is a book that I almost never see and it was SOOO GOOD! Ryan Graudin is more well known for her Wolf by Wolf duology, and now her latest Invictus, (set to be published in September) is getting so much hype, but this one is still rarely talked about! The setting and subject matter is quite dark but it was written SO beautifully and so well! In fact, I actually prefer this one to the Wolf by Wolf duology but yet it still sits at less than 4,500 ratings!! WHY?? Go read it!
9. APPLE – NAME A REALLY STEREOTYPICAL BOOK OF A CERTAIN GENRE JUST LIKE APPLES WHICH ARE TYPICAL FRUITS. IN THE END WAS THAT BOOK GOOD OR NOT? (E.G. A VERY TYPICAL CONTEMPORARY/FANTASY BOOK… ETC.)
I’m not sure if most people would consider this one stereotypical, but I do because it involves royalty and a fight for the crown. I do remember enjoying this one. There are three sisters (triplets) who are separated at birth and now they must kill each other and the last one standing will be the queen. The three sisters couldn’t be more different and they all have magical abilities which I loved, but I don’t honestly remember a lot about it a few months later. So I would have to say it was meh lol
10. BLUEBERRIES – NAME A BOOK THAT MADE YOU FEEL BLUE. (ANY SAD, DEPRESSING BOOKS THAT YOU’VE READ?)
BETWEEN SHADES OF GRAY – I cried, like a baby, from page 20(ish) until the end. It was fantastic, don’t get me wrong, but I cried during this one more than any other!!
11. GRAPEFRUIT – ANY BITTER BOOKS? (E.G. A BOOK THAT WAS BLUE BUT MORE… DO YOU HAVE ANY BITTER RESENTMENTS TOWARDS CHARACTERS FROM A BOOK? ANY SOUR TURNED BITTER EMOTIONS? ANY UBER-HATEFUL VILLAINS?)
CARAVAL – Before you slit my throat – I actually really liked this book! But the characters weren’t my favourite. Scarlet was ok but her sister Tella was just flat out annoying! It would be hard to be strong and self assured growing up the way they did, but I’m not a fan of the character who is riddled with self doubt, fear, questions and more.
12. LIMES – NAME A FUNNY BOOK THAT YOU’VE READ BECAUSE LIMES ADD FLAVOUR AND SO DOES HUMOUR WITH EVERY BOOK.
FURIOUSLY HAPPY – the only book that has ever made me laugh so hard I had rivers of tears leaking from my eyes!!! My husband thought I was going insane while reading this one!
PART B: CREATE YOUR OWN!
I’m totally cheating. I didn’t want to come up with my own because I loved the one they did on the 5171 Miles Blog so much! So I’m using it!
Blackberries – Name a dark and possibly twisted story you read and loved.
MY BEST FRIENDS EXORCISM – I just finished this one a couple of days ago and loved it so much!!!!! Of course I would mention this one lol!
PART C: SMOOTHIE!
Once again, cheating!! Sorry but my brain is mush and I can’t really think of anything right now. My daughter has had a friend over this week so I’ve bounced from having two kids to 5+ on a daily basis. On top of working and shipping out orders on short notice – sorry!
For this one I nominate:
No Pressure! Seriously. But if you can get to it then fantastic and I can’t wait to see your choices!
Until next time, happy reading!