Yes, you read that title right! I’m very pleased to announce……..
I’M HOSTING A BOOK GIVEAWAY!!!
I think I’m even more excited to gift a book to someone else than I was to win one myself. It feels like Christmas and I’m playing Santa!! Recently the world has once again fallen in love with the tale of Beauty and the Beast. Not only is the story beautiful, but the character of Belle all spoke to our bookish souls. I have yet to see the new movie but I hope I can watch it soon!! And what perfect timing for a Beauty and the Beast retelling to be released!!
If you weren’t aware, Hunted, written by Meagan Spooner, was released on March 14th this year. This is a book that I’ve been keeping an eye on since it was announced as retellings keep steady on my radar. Here is the synopsis:
Beauty knows the Beast’s forest in her bones—and in her blood. Though she grew up with the city’s highest aristocrats, far from her father’s old lodge, she knows that the forest holds secrets and that her father is the only hunter who’s ever come close to discovering them. So when her father loses his fortune and moves Yeva and her sisters back to the outskirts of town, Yeva is secretly relieved. Out in the wilderness, there’s no pressure to make idle chatter with vapid baronessas…or to submit to marrying a wealthy gentleman. But Yeva’s father’s misfortune may have cost him his mind, and when he goes missing in the woods, Yeva sets her sights on one prey: the creature he’d been obsessively tracking just before his disappearance. Deaf to her sisters’ protests, Yeva hunts this strange Beast back into his own territory—a cursed valley, a ruined castle, and a world of creatures that Yeva’s only heard about in fairy tales. A world that can bring her ruin or salvation. Who will survive: the Beauty, or the Beast? (Goodreads)
I absolutely loved this one! It was one of the closest retellings to the story I know but she managed to take out all of the small annoyances I had with the Disney movie. And I loved the Russian folklore that was sprinkled throughout! For my full review CLICK HERE!
Without further ado, THE RULES:
- IT’S EASY TO ENTER! Simply be following my blog!! (either through a WordPress account or sign up to follow me through email subscription)
- Contest open to all Canadian and US residents (sorry I can’t open it further, international shipping is so expensive)
- Must be 18 years of age or older (If you are younger than 18 please have parents permission to give out personal information as I will need your address to ship out to you!)
- Contest runs from March 22 until midnight on April 4th.
- Winner will be announced on Wednesday April 5th.
- I will be contacting the winner by email and you will be given 24 hours to contact me with your address. If I don’t hear back from you I will unfortunately have to contact another winner
Good luck to you all and may the odd be ever in your favour!
Until next time, happy reading!