Wow! Thanks so much to Mikaela over at The well thumbed reader for the nomination for the Mystery Blogger award!! This is the first time i’ve been nominated for a blogging award and I feel very honoured that she thought of me – so thanks Mikaela!
“Mystery Blogger Award” is an award for amazing bloggers with ingenious posts. Their blog not only captivates; it inspires and motivates. They are one of the best out there, and they deserve every recognition they get. This award is also for bloggers who find fun and inspiration in blogging; and they do it with so much love and passion”
And here are the rules:
1. Put the award logo/image on your blog
2. List the rules
3. Thank whoever nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
4. Mention the creator of the award and provide a link as well
5. Tell your readers 3 things about yourself
6. You nominate 5 people
7. Notify your nominees by commenting on their blog
8. Ask your nominees any 5 questions of your choice; with one weird or funny question (specify)
9. Share a link to your best post(s)
So, to start, here are three things about myself. #1 – I was named after a character in a book! The spelling of my actual name is slightly different, but my mom read a cheesy romance novel when she was pregnant with me and really liked the name. It was one of those horrifically illustrated covers with a bare chested man and a woman in a thin flowing white nightgown strategically placed in a rainforest – yup, one of those! The book sat on her shelves until a few years ago. #2 – I will only use bookmarks. I refuse to bend the corners of my pages, so bookmarks are a must. I’m not super protective of books though. Some people freak out if there is even the slightest blemish on the cover or pages. I personally think that if something happens to the book while I’m reading it it reminds me of what I was doing when I read it and that it was read and well loved. #3 – I have two signed books by Sarah J Maas, and I’m about to go meet Stephanie Garber and Elly Blake! My mom bought me copies of Queen of Shadows and Empire of Storms and they came in signed! I LOVE Sarah J Maas’s writing and she seems like such an amazing person in real life, I wish I could meet her. These are my prized possessions. Then, this Monday, I’m planning on driving 3 hours to a book signing for Stephanie Garber’s Caraval book tour. I will have to drive in America alone, which ABSOLUTELY TERRIFIES ME, but it was my goal to go to a bookish event this year. I read Caraval last week and loved it so much – I think she’s worth it!
And now, on to the questions from Mikaela:
1. What are some of your favorite movies? – The Goonies, Deadpool, The Hunger Games, Harry Potter (obvious), Little Shop of Horrors, The Rocky Horror Picture Show, Mallrats
2. Do you have any pet peeves? – People chewing with their mouths open! OMG this is just something I can’t handle!!!
3. What are some of your least favourite book covers? – I don’t really have anything specific, but in general I hate book covers with peoples faces. You know, those ones with a close up of a guy/girl staring at you attempting to look mysterious. Those. They are cringe worthy and uncomfortable!
4. What is your most anticipated 2017 book release? – I have too many to pick just one. First was Caraval which has already been released (LOVE IT), then next is book 6 to the Throne of Glass series, and A Court of Wings and Ruin by Sarah J Maas.
5. Weird Question: If you could only eat one meal for the rest of your life, what would it be? – This is a hard one!!! I love pizza but since I’m lactose intolerant I don’t think that’s a good choice. My body would hate me after the first day! I would have to say TACOS!! They’re the best of both worlds – meat, dairy, carb, and vegetable 🙂
OK! So, now on to the blogs I nominate. But before I get to those here are your questions:
1: What is your favourite book to movie adaptation?
2: What are your 3 favourite book covers?
3: What is your favourite and least favourite genre?
4: What is your most anticipated book release for 2107?
5: Weird question: If you could go on a vacation anywhere in the world, where would it be?
Krystie @ YA and Wine
Tiana @ The Book Raven
May @ Sunsets and Bookfests
Eslin @ Eslin Reads